Century21 Sweet Home Blog

Business Visa (Non Immigrant B)


If you plan to come to Thailand for a business trip, you’ll need a Business Visa, which is valid for 90 days, extendable to one year once obtained. Also called Visa Non Immigrant B, we’ll explain in this article how to obtain it and what benefits you get from having it.

How to obtain a Visa B at your country’s embassy?

In order to obtain this Visa, you first must make a request for an appointment with the Royal Thai Embassy of your country. Once the appointment is obtained, you’ll have to go with the following documents:

  • The Passport (the original and a photocopy of the passport). The passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of departure.
  • A completed form (signed and dated by the applicant)
  • A color passport photo
  • The original professional letter or letter of invitation from the host company
  • A photocopy of the identity document of the person authorized to sign the document required in point 4 (see above) with the note “copy of the original” or “สำเนาถูกต้อง” written by the person and signed and dated.
  • Form WP3 (ตท 3) filed with the Employment Department by the employer or the BOI’s letter of acceptance under Article 24 and/or 25
  • The trade register (FULL) of the host organization
  • The sum of 60 € (cash only)

By default, Visa B must be renewed every 90 days with Thai immigration but you can extend the validity to one year. Note that certain professions are prohibited to foreigners: the building trades, goldsmiths, architecture or hairdresser.

The Extension of Visa B to One year

Once your Visa B has been obtained and your work permit in your pocket, you can extend the validity of your Visa B for a period of one year. Note that once you extended it to a year, the visa becomes a multiple entry visa. This means that you can leave and return to Thailand as often as you wish. To apply for an extension, you must go to the immigration office located at 507 Soi Suanplu, South Sathorn Road, 10120 Bangkok with the following documents:

Note that all photocopy documents must have your signature in order to be considered as an amendment to the original.

First, the documents necessary for any Visa extension request.

  • The temporary residence extension form TM7 that you can print by clicking here
  • Your photograph in 4 x 6cm size
  • Your passport with at least 6 months validity. Note that the extension of stay can be up to one year, but cannot in any case exceed the validity date of your passport.
  • Photocopies of your entire passport.

In addition, documents specific to the extension of a Visa B

  • Work certificate in your name
  • A copy of your work permit
  • A copy of the corporation’s proof of registration for which you work, such as a certificate of registration of the corporation. The Registrar must have certified the document within the last six months.
  •  A copy of the list of shareholders certified by the Registrar within the last six months.
  • A copy of the previous year’s balance sheet and income statement, as well as your company’s tax return and proof of payment.
  • A copy of last month’s income tax return, with the names of the employees and the foreign candidate and a copy of the proof of payment.
  • A copy of last year’s Personal Income Tax Return
  • A copy of the social security contribution of last month, and his/her proof of payment
  • Proof of the reason why it’s necessary to employ a foreigner for this position. For example, evidence that no Thai candidate applied for the proposed position.
  • A map with the location of the company as well as photographs of the exterior and interior of the company’s premises during working hours.

Before the year of your Visa’s validity has passed you must renew your Visa and for this you will have to bring the same documents to the immigration office.